What is Retargeting?

Retargeting also known as remarketing is a way of marketing which targets people that have already visited your site using a network of banner ad spaces across the web. The way in which retargeting works is by keeping track of the people that visited your site and then retargeting ads of your sites are displayed on other sites they visit. Normally 2% of shoppers convert on their first visit to an online store. By implementing remargeting it will bring back the other 98% of customers.

Remargeting can be done through search, display ads, social media such as Facebook and Twitter.

The three stages to retargeting are:

1. Customers come to your site
2. They learn about your products and services but leave without making a purchase
3. The company AdRoll will then display ads for your company on other sites they visit later in order to bring them back to your website.

Each time your customers see your retargeting ads, your brand gains traction and more recognition. As a result you get higher click through rates and increased conversions consequently from using retargeting campaigns. Therefore there is great value in terms of exposure and branding.

A study carried out by Nielsen found that retargeting lead to an uplift of 17% in brand trust and an uplift of 24% in purchase intent. All the top brands such as New Look, GAME and Karen Miller have all embraced ad retargeting. These retargeting ads are to remind customers they have visited their site but never made a purchase and the aim then is to lure them back.

By using remargeting you only spend money on those that have already visited your site. Whether you’re looking to drive sales activity or increase registrations retargeting can be a strategic element of your advertising. It can drive return on investment (ROI) for all types of advertisers.

Contact Me SD Marketing For more information and advice on retargeting. A Digital Marketing Consultant in Clare you can trust!